Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: REGINALD E. McELHANNON, ACTING DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATED REFERENCE LINKS AND AGE TO APPOINT AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE FOR MAGI APPLICATIONS
MANUAL REVISION #71
The purpose of this memorandum is to advise of changes to the 1802.020.30 Signing by an Authorized Representative section of the Family Healthcare Manual – MAGI.
The Signing by an Authorized Representative section of the MAGI manual has been updated with the following:
- Removing the reference section link for Authorized Representative(s) for MO HealthNet as this was removed from the General Info manual and added to the Medical Assistance for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) manual.
- The following authorized representative links from the MHABD manual have been added to this section as they also apply to MAGI cases:
- 020.05 Legal Basis
- 020.10 Appointment of an Authorized Representative
- 020.10.20 Duration of Appointment of Representative
- 020.10.30 Authorized Representative Revocation
- Updating the age of an adult applicant who may appoint an authorized representative from age 19 to age 18
NOTE: Minors under 18 who meet the criteria to apply on their own may still appoint an authorized representative
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.