Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: REGINALD E. McELHANNON, INTERIM DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: RELEASING INFORMATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND SENIOR SERVICES (DHSS)
MANUAL REVISION #90
This memorandum introduces revisions to section 0130.005.05.24 Release of Records in Cases of Financial Exploitation of the Elderly of the General Information Manual.
The Release of Records in Cases of Financial Exploitation of the Elderly section has been expanded to include policy for when DHSS staff request information from the Family Support Division (FSD) regarding cases of financial exploitation.
For FSD to release records regarding the income or assets of a resident of a licensed nursing facility, DHSS staff who are assisting in a financial exploitation investigation must:
- Make the request in writing.
- Explain what information is needed by DHSS and why they need it.
- State who will be receiving the information.
- State that the information will only be used to further DHSS’s duties under federal and state law.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.