Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: COVID-19 PANDEMIC ELECTRONIC BENEFIT TRANSFER PROGRAM (P-EBT)
MANUAL REVISION #35
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act allows supplemental benefits to be issued to eligible school-age children who would receive free or reduced price meals if school were in session. The Family Support Division (FSD) will issue these benefits as the P-EBT program.
- Food Stamps (SNAP) households who received benefits in March 2020 do not need to apply for P-EBT, and will automatically receive the full benefit of $302. The new/additional benefit will be automatically added to their existing Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.
- Resource Parents— formerly known as Foster Parents— need to include all children in the household (including their own) on the application. They are eligible for the months they provided care for a Foster Care child and were income eligible.
- All households who wish to have eligibility explored for this benefit will need to apply before June 30, 2020. They will receive benefits for the months they were income eligible.
- Households can submit an application online at: https://www.emergencymealsurvey.com/MO
- Households may submit a completed paper application to:
DESE Food and Nutrition Services
205 Jefferson Street
P.O. Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Households may scan a completed paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org
DESE will certify the household is eligible for free or reduced price meals and forward the information to FSD for processing.
The amount a household may qualify in P-EBT benefits is up to 53 days for the time frame of March 18th through May 31st. The reimbursement rate is $5.70 per day at a total amount up to $302 per eligible child.
The benefits include:
- $57 for March
- $125 for April
- $120 for May
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.