Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED (MHABD) AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE FAMIS ENHANCEMENT
This is the sixth in a series of enhancements in the FAMIS system to provide current information to the Authorized Representative (AR) as well as the MHABD participant. Previous enhancements were introduced in the following memos:
Memorandum #77 dated November 14, 2016 introduced the first notices to be automatically sent to the MHABD AR.
Memorandum #35 dated April 24, 2017 introduced the next notices to be automatically sent to the MHABD AR.
Memorandum #89 dated July 11, 2017 introduced more notices to be automatically sent to the MHABD AR.
Memorandum #165 dated 12/27/2017 introduced additional notices to the AR.
Memorandum #137 dated 08/30/2019 introduced the functionality to enter shared AR’s for couple case.
Effective July 26, 2020 FAMIS will introduce enhancements to the Select ADM Authorized Representative (FMNH/SELADMAR) and MHABD Representative Detail (FMNG) screens.
NOTE: Authorized representatives for Food Stamp (FS), Child Care (CC), and Temporary Assistance (TA) cases will continue to be entered and updated on the Representative List (FMJ1/AUTHREP) and Representative Detail (FMJG) screens in FAMIS.
- When an AR is entered using the directory on the Select Resource (FMFB/RESOURCE) screen, any changes made to that resources’ name, address, phone number, or fax number in the resource directory will be automatically updated on the AR screens the same day (FMNH/FMNG).
- Refer to Email Memo IM-30, dated 05/20/2020 if a resource needs to be updated.
- Only AR’s with no end date will show in the display count. The F17=PRVREP and F20=NXTREP keys that are used to flow between active AR’s will no longer be displayed on an AR with an end date entered.
- When staff flow through the AR’s using the F17=PRVREP and F20=NXTREP keys only the AR’s with no end date will be displayed.
- The Application Only (APO) role will be allowed for add a category and add a person applications.
- NOTE: For add a person requests the AR must be entered on the MHABD Representative Detail (FMNG) screens for the individual being added. The AR with an Application Only (APO) role can be a shared AR with the head of household and will show on the head of households AR screen also.
- The Application Only (APO) role will be allowed for rejected applications when a hearing has been requested. A Y must be entered in the Hearing Requested field on the MHABD Representative Detail (FMNG) screen in order for the APO role to be allowed on a rejected application.
- When an eligibility unit member no longer wants to share an AR with their spouse, the Authrep Shared Flag and Both Signed fields must be changed to N. The shared AR entry will be end dated and the system will update the MHABD Representative Detail (FMNG) screen for the individual who wishes for the AR to continue. All comments on the original AR entry will be included.
- When a shared, primary AR is entered staff will no longer receive a message to review the primary designation for spouse when the spouse has not requested coverage.
- The system does not create a copy of the shared AR screen for the spouse when the spouse has not requested coverage.
- The system will no longer require that one AR be listed as primary before allowing an AR to be ended.
- When a primary AR is ended, if a new primary is not designated, the system will use a hierarchy to set a default primary AR. An AR set as primary using the default method will have a D displayed in the Primary field.
- When a new primary is added the default AR’s primary code will be changed to N.
- The hierarchy is as follows:
- Attorney (ATT)
- Legal Guardian/Conservator (LGC)
- Legal Guardian (LGN)
- Conservator (CON)
- Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- Outside Agency (OA)
- Authorized Representative (ARP)
- The Name and Organization fields will be locked after the overnight batch process. If these fields need to be updated later you will need to end date the current, obsolete AR and enter a new AR.
- If a new AR entry is made, enter an end date on the obsolete AR entry.
- AR’s with a Release of Information role (ARI representative type and RLS representative role) will have an end date of one year automatically entered. This end date can be updated to reflect the date entered on the Authorization for Release of Medical/Health Information- Nursing Facilities, In-Home Nursing Care Providers, and Other Providers of Medical Services (IM-6NF) form or when AR status is revoked.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- At each contact or the annual reinvestigation, review Authorized Representative screens to ensure information is correct and current.