Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: INTRODUCTION OF THE IM-7A ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNT VERIFICATION FORM
FORM REVISION # IM-7A
DISCUSSION: The purpose of this memo is to introduce the Alternative Account Verification Form, IM-7A. The IM-7A was created in an effort to provide an additional verification option to verify financial accounts. Use this form in the event a participant can display banking, direct benefit, or other account information on his/her device while in a Family Support Division (FSD) office.
EXAMPLE: Mary has completed an interview for her SNAP/MHABD case in her local office and the interviewer requested a bank statement. Mary has access to her account information on her phone and while in the office, a staff member views the information on the phone and helps her complete the IM-7A form. Her bank balance is $4000, but she notes on the form that she recently received a tax refund for $3000. Mary and the staff member sign the form.
EXAMPLE: FSD requested bank statements from Sue, who is hospitalized. Her spouse, John, cannot find any statements. He visits a local office and states he can view her accounts on their tablet. A staff member completes the IM-7A form for each account with information viewed on the tablet. The staff member adds a note to the forms to describe the account balances from the prior quarter months. John views the entries and he and the staff member sign the form.
The following conditions apply when completing this form:
- The participant must be in an FSD office.
NOTE: Do not request or require a participant come into the office to present account information on an electronic device. Standard verification procedures still apply.
- If the participant completes the gray areas of the form, a staff member must also view the account information on the participant’s device.
- If a staff member completes the form for the participant, the participant must agree with the entries made on the form.
- The participant and the staff member must sign at the bottom of the form.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Begin using the IM-7A immediately