Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: AUTOMATIC SECOND REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (FA-325) ELIMINATED FOR SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP), TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE (TA), AND MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED (MHABD) APPLICATIONS
Eligibility system updates were completed on 09/05/2021 to no longer automatically send a second Request for Information (FA-325) on SNAP, TA, and MHABD applications. The General Information section of the Income Maintenance (IM) Manual has been updated to reflect this change.
Applicants will be mailed one initial request during the application process. Staff must send a second FA-325 in the following situations:
- The applicant provided part, but not all, of the information requested on the original FA325,
- The applicant has provided the information requested but it is insufficient to be used in determining eligibility, or
- The applicant has shown a good faith effort in obtaining the information but has requested more time.
When sending a second FA-325 is necessary, all requests should be clear enough for the applicant to determine exactly what is needed or why previously submitted information is insufficient.
A second FA-325 is not required and should not be sent in the following situations:
- The applicant does not respond to the initial FA-325.
- The applicant returns information, but it is not what was requested.
- Example: Pay stubs are requested from the applicant. The applicant does not return pay stubs but instead provides a rent receipt.
NOTE: Information requiring staff to send two FA-325s, in all situations, before rejecting an MHABD application (in IM Memorandum #158 dated 12/14/2017) is now obsolete.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.