Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: INCOME MAINTENANCE (IM) APPLICATIONS TRANSLATED TO DARI AND PASHTO LANGUAGES
Several commonly used applications for Family Support Division (FSD) IM programs have been translated to the Dari and Pashto languages to assist in the application process for Afghan refugees that are resettled in Missouri.
The applications can be accessed from the DSS Manuals Forms Manual and should be provided to applicants and community partners upon request.
Translated applications are:
- Application for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (FS-1 DARI)
- Application for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (FS-1 PASHTO)
- Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs (IM-1SSL DARI)
- Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs (IM-1SSL PASHTO)
- Application for Temporary Assistance Cash Benefits (IM-1TA DARI)
- Application for Temporary Assistance Cash Benefits (IM-1TA PASHTO)
When applications are received from participants, responses and information may need to be translated to English for processing. Send the application and any other attached verification that needs translated to the appropriate program email:
- FS-1 – ColeFSPolicy@dss.mo.gov
- IM-1SSL – Cole.MHNPolicy@dss.mo.gov
- IM-1TA – FSD.ColeTAPolicy@dss.mo.gov
The translated application will be returned by email to the staff that requests the translation. Staff should receive translated documents within 1-2 business days, but times may vary depending on volume.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Staff should send the applications to participants upon request and have available for access in FSD Resource Centers.
- Staff should send submitted applications that require translation to the appropriate program email address.