Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: REVIEW OF THE CONSOLIDATED WORK REQUIREMENTS NOTICE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP)
SNAP Policy was updated to clarify that when a reassessment of a participant’s work registration occurs on the Employment Assessment (EMPLOY/FMMS) screen, staff must verbally review and discuss SkillUP with the participant.
This information is contained in the SNAP Work Requirements Informational Notice (FA-601) and provided to the household.
Reassessment of work requirements can occur when:
• Completing a SNAP initial or recertification application
• Completing a SNAP Mid-Certification Review (MCR)
• Updating a SNAP participant’s work registration status during an interim change report
Verbal review and discussion must include whether or not the participant:
• Is subject to work registration,
• Meets an exemption or exclusion from work registration, and
• Needs help looking for a job through SkillUP
NOTE: Refer to memo IM-126 SkillUP Referral Process.
• Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.