Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATE TO ANNUAL RENEWAL POLICY IN THE MAGI MANUAL
MANUAL REVISION #
Annual renewal policy in the Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Manual is revised to update terminology, obsolete floating renewal policy, add ex parte renewal language, and for easier readability and understanding.
Effective, March 25, 2023, floating renewals are discontinued. MAGI Manual section 1880.010.00 Floating Renewal is obsolete as of this date. Annual renewals are completed once every 12 months. Do not complete a renewal when a change in circumstance is reported.
Note: If the participant returns an annual renewal form, it must be signed. Telephonic signatures are allowed for MHN annual renewals if the participant contacts the Customer Service Center and is transferred to complete the renewal with the Family Support Division (FSD) vendor by phone.
The following MAGI Manual sections are revised:
- 1870.025.00 Annual Renewals (UWHS)
- 1880.000.00 Annual Renewals
- 1880.005.00 Pre-populated Renewal Form
- 1880.015.00 CHIP Annual Renewal
- 1880.020.00 Reconsideration Period
- 1880.025.00 Annual Renewal Case Action Notifications
- 1885.000.00 Change in Circumstance
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Refer to MEDES Resources for information on processing an annual renewal.