1.1 Individuals/Professionals Identified as Mandated Reporters
Section 210.115, RSMo. identifies the following as mandated reporters of child abuse and neglect:
- Medical Examiner
- Hospital or clinic personnel that are engaged in the examination, care, treatment, or research of persons
- Any other health practitioner
- Mental health professional
- Social worker
- Day care center worker or other child-care worker
- Juvenile officer
- Probation or parole officer
- Jail or detention center personnel
- Principal or other school official
- Minister as provided by Section 352.400, RSMo.
- Peace officer or law enforcement official
- Volunteer or personnel of a community service program that offers support services for families in crisis to assist in the delegation of any powers regarding the care and custody of a child by a properly executed power of attorney pursuant to Sections 475.600 to 475.604, RSMo.
- Other person with responsibility for the care of children