MO HealthNet utilizes a single streamlined application that participants can access online, by phone, or by completing an application form, using the Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs (IM-1SSL).
Application processes are to be consistently applied for all MO HealthNet (MHN) programs, MAGI and Non-MAGI.
A valid application is required if an individual is not currently receiving MHN and there is not an active case for their household.
Additional information can be found in subsections of this manual and the MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) Manual.
- Information about how to submit an application and the application date can be found in 1802.010.00 Requests for Benefits.
- Some application requests have special requirements and details can be found in 1802.010.80 Specialized Application Procedures and its subsections.
- For information about who can sign an application and the different methods of signing a MHN application, refer to 1802.020.00 Signing the Application and its subsections.
- 1802.030.00 Filer Consent provides an explanation about allowing the Family Support Division (FSD) to verify a participant’s statement using external data sources.
- For information about timeframes and application processing for MAGI applications, refer to 1802.050.00 Application Timeframes.
- There are some specific application policies that apply only to non-MAGI programs and those can be found in the MHABD policy manual in 0804.000.00 Application Processing and its subsections.