IM-14 February 23, 2007; IM-56 April 18, 2003; IM-121 July 2, 2001; IM-142 November 6, 1998
Resources of all individuals determined to be EU members are included in the resource eligibility determination. Resources are entered in FAMIS on the appropriate screens:
- Liquid Resource (FMW0) screen
- Prepaid Burial (FMW1) screen
- Personal Property (FMW2) screen
- Vehicle (FMW3) screen
- Real Property (FMW4) screen
The resources of the following individuals are included or excluded as follows.
- Resources of non-EU members (such as roomers, boarders, individuals who do not purchase and prepare meals together, etc.; see 1105.015.05 Non-EU Members) are excluded. Do not enter the resources of these individuals in FAMIS.
- Resources of EU members receiving Temporary Assistance, SSI, SP, SAB, or special support services (see 1135.035.00 Categorical Eligibility (CE)) are excluded. Enter the resources of these individuals on the appropriate screen as listed above. FAMIS excludes the value of the resources.
- Resources of ineligible EU members are included in their entirety if the EU member is ineligible for the following:
- failure to provide/declined to declare immigrant status or meet qualified and eligible immigrant criteria (see 1105.015.10.05 Ineligible Immigrants)
- failure to provide/declined to declare SSN (see 1105.015.10.10 Disqualified for Failure to Provide/Decline to Declare SSN)
- intentional program violation(s) (IPV) (see 1105.015.10.15 Disqualified for Intentional Program Violations)
- failure to comply with work registration components (see 1105.015.10.20 Disqualified for Failure to Comply With Work Requirement Components: Job Quit, Reduced Work Hours, or Refusal of an Offer of Suitable Employment)
- subject to and not meeting the work requirement for 18- through 49-year-olds (see 1105.015.10.25 Failure to Meet the 18- Through 49-Year-Old (ABAWD) Work Requirement)
- felony drug conviction (see 1105.015.10.35 Disqualified for Felony Drug Conviction)
- probation or parole violations (see 1105.015.10.40 Disqualified for Probation/Parole Violation)
- fleeing felons (see 1105.015.10.45 Disqualified for Fleeing Felon)
- Resources of sponsors for certain sponsored immigrants (see 1105.010.20 Sponsored Immigrants) not exempt from deeming are included. Refer to Deeming Immigrant Sponsor Income and Resources user guide for instructions on entering resources.
Always review the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen prior to authorizing a case action to ensure resources you expect to be included are included in the determination. From the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen, press F15=RESOURCE to view the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen. If the resource is incorrect, select the resource and press F6=DETAILS to return to the appropriate screen and correct the inaccurate information.