Resources of all individuals determined to be household members are included in the resource eligibility determination. Resources are entered into the eligibility system on the appropriate screens:
- Liquid Resource screen
- Prepaid Burial screen
- Personal Property screen
- Real Property screen
The resources of the following individuals are included or excluded as follows.
- Resources of non-household members (such as roomers, boarders, individuals who do not purchase and prepare meals together, etc.; see 1105.015.05 Non-EU Members) are excluded. Do not enter the resources of these individuals into the eligibility system.
- Resources of household members receiving Temporary Assistance, SSI, SP, SAB, or special support services (see 1135.035.00 Categorical Eligibility (CE)) are excluded. Enter the resources of these individuals on the appropriate screen as listed above. The eligibility system excludes the value of the resources.
- Resources of ineligible household members are included in their entirety if the household member is ineligible for the following:
- failure to provide/declined to declare immigrant status or meet qualified and eligible immigrant criteria (see 015.10.05 Ineligible Immigrants)
- failure to provide/declined to declare SSN (see 015.10.10 Disqualified for Failure to Provide/Decline to Declare SSN)
- intentional program violation(s) (IPV) (see 015.10.15 Disqualified for Intentional Program Violations)
- failure to comply with work registration components (see 015.10.20 Disqualified for Failure to Comply With Work Requirement Components: Job Quit, Reduced Work Hours, or Refusal of an Offer of Suitable Employment)
- subject to and not meeting the ABAWD work requirement (see 015.10.25 Failure to Meet the ABAWD Work Requirement)
- felony drug conviction (see 015.10.35 Disqualified for Felony Drug Conviction)
- probation or parole violations (see 015.10.40 Disqualified for Probation/Parole Violation)
- fleeing felons (see 015.10.45 Disqualified for Fleeing Felon)
- certain criminal convictions, with non-compliance (see 015.10.65 Disqualification Due to Criminal Convictions/Non-compliance)
- Resources of sponsors for certain sponsored immigrants (see 1105.010.20 Sponsored Immigrants) not exempt from deeming are included. Refer to Deeming Immigrant Sponsor Income and Resources user guide for instructions on entering resources.
Always review the Financial Resource Detail Summary screen prior to authorizing a case action to ensure resources you expect to be included are included in the determination. If the resource is incorrect, return to the appropriate screen and correct the inaccurate information.