Resources of all individuals determined to be EU members are included in the resource eligibility determination. Resources are entered in FAMIS on the appropriate screens:
- Liquid Resource (FMW0) screen;
- Prepaid Burial (FMW1) screen;
- Personal Property (FMW2) screen;
- Vehicle (FMW3) screen; and
- Real Property (FMW4) screen.
The resources of the following individuals are included or excluded as follows.
- Resources of non-EU members (such as roomers, boarders, individuals who do not purchase and prepare meals together, etc.) are excluded. Do not enter the resources of these individuals in FAMIS.
- Resources of EU members receiving Temporary Assistance, SSI, SP, SAB, or special support services (categorically eligible) are excluded. Enter the resources of these individuals on the appropriate screen as listed above. FAMIS excludes the value of the resources.
- Resources of ineligible EU members are included in their entirety if the EU member is ineligible for the following:
- failure to provide/declined to declare SSN;
- failure to provide/declined to declare immigrant status;
- did not meet qualified and eligible immigrant criteria;
- disqualified for intentional program violation (IPV);
- failure to comply with work registration components;
- persons subject to and not meeting the work requirement for 18 persons subject to and not meeting the work requirement for 18 through 49 year olds;
- fleeing felons;
- felony drug conviction; or
- probation or parole violations.
- Resources of sponsors for certain sponsored immigrants not exempt from deeming are included. Refer to DEEMING IMMIGRANT SPONSOR INCOME AND RESOURCES user guide for instructions on entering resources.
Always review the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen prior to authorizing a case action to ensure resources you expect to be included are included in the determination. From the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen, press F15=RESOURCE to view the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen. If the resource is incorrect, select the resource and press F6=DETAILS to return to the appropriate screen and correct the inaccurate information.