EBT cards with a mailing indicator code entered in EBTU for county office mailing will be drop shipped to resource centers, packaged together along with the FIS Vault Cards (Bulk Ship) Manifest. A signature is required for receipt of the cards. Each resource center is responsible for maintaining security procedures for receiving, processing drop shipments, secure storage of EBT cards and storing manifest forms.
Use the following procedure for processing drop shipped cards:
- date stamp the manifest with the date it is received in the office
- compare the number of envelopes with the number of EBT cards listed on the manifest (page 1 of 3)
- if correct, sign (page 1 of 3) of the manifest to verify receipt
- scan (page 1 of 3) of the signed and dated manifest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact the participant to inform them:
- their card has been received at the resource center; and
- to bring proper identification to ensure the card is given to the correct person
NOTE: If the participant is unable to provide documentation of their identity review their case file to ask them identifying questions.
- when a participant picks up an EBT card at resource center, have the participant sign a receipt for the EBT card. Scan a copy of the receipt into the Virtual File Room.
If two participants with the same name receive a card drop shipped, check ebtEDGE to determine which card belongs to which person. Instruct the participants to call the EBT Vendor Help Desk at 800-997-7777 to select a PIN.
After 30 days if card has not been picked up and the participant was notified to pick up the card, these cards must be sent to Central Office via mail to Family Support Division, Attn SNAP/EBT Unit, P.O. Box 310, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
In some circumstances, the EBT card is mailed to the resource center without a manifest, when this occurs make a note in the participant’s electronic case record and treat in the same manner as drop shipped cards.