Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: AFGHAN HUMANITARIAN PAROLEE UPDATES FOR ALL PROGRAMS
Due to updated guidance individuals with an immigration status of Humanitarian Parolee are now considered Qualified Non-Citizens and are not subject to the five-year waiting period for MO HealthNet (MHN), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance (TA) and Child Care (CC).
Humanitarian Parolees are treated like those with Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) and are eligible for benefits. Policy guidance regarding Afghan Humanitarian Parolees contained in Email Memorandum #53 Afghan Parolees or Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) Updates for All Programs is now obsolete.
Afghan Humanitarian Parolees:
- Will have form I-94 noting Humanitarian Parolee- SQ4, SQ5, CQ1, CQ2, CQ3, OAR, PAR Class of Admission (COA);
- Foreign passport with Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Customs and Borders (DHS/CBP) admission stamp noting Operation Allies Welcome (OAW);
- Foreign passport with DHS/CBP with a stamp admitting them with an SQ1, SQ2, SQ3, SQ6, SQ7, or SQ8 COA; or
- Foreign passport with DHS/CBP admission stamp noting Parolee (DT).
NOTE: Applications received for Afghan SI Parolees, Humanitarian Parolees (also known as Afghan non-SI Parolees), Afghan SI CPRs, and Afghan SI LPRs must be sent to the FSD Refugee Unit at: FSDREFUGEE@ip.sp.mo.gov. Special entry is required to allow this population to be coded correctly. Do not process these applications.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.