Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: MO HEALTHNET (MHN) POLICY CHANGES FOR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES
MANUAL REVISION #
MHN policy has been updated to provide clarifications for authorized representatives. Updates include:
- Changes to terms to use updated FSD terms.
- Corrections to formatting including section headings and easier to navigate bullet lists.
- Updating examples to be relevant for common questions.
- Clarifying policy that arises with Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) households that contain a mixture of household compositions and people receiving different types of coverage.
The updated authorized representative policy has been added to the Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) Manual. New MAGI section 1801.000.00 Authorized Representative(s) for MO HealthNet provides a link and a brief description of each section.
Additional new MAGI policy sections are:
- 1801.005.00 – Legal Basis
- 1801.010.00 – Appointing an Authorized Representative
- 1801.010.10 – Appointing an Authorized Representative in a Household with Multiple Adults
- 1801.010.20 – Appointing Another Adult Member of the Household as an Authorized Representative
- 1801.020.00 – Duration of Appointment of Representative
- 1801.030.00 – Revoking an Authorized Representative Appointment
Updates were made to the existing MAGI section, 1802.020.30 Signing by an Authorized Representative, to update terminology and update links.
General Information Manual section 0110.060.15.10 FCRA Authorization for MO HealthNet for Disabled Children (MHDC) Cases was revised to update a link to a new MAGI section.
MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) policy section, 0803.000.00 Authorized Representative(s) for MO HealthNet, provides links to the Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) Manual as authorized representative policy is the same for both programs.
The following MHABD policy sections are now obsolete:
- 0803.020.05 – Legal Basis
- 0803.020.10 – Appointment of an Authorized Representative
- 0803.020.10.10 – Appointment of an Authorized Representative When There is a Spouse or Second Parent in the Eligibility Unit
- 0803.020.10.20 – Duration of the Appointment of Representative
- 0803.020.10.30 – Authorized Representative Revocation
- 0803.020.30 – Signing by an Authorized Representative
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- These updates replace all previous policy and guidance regarding authorized representatives.
- Send questions regarding authorized representatives through normal supervisory channels.