Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UKRAINIAN HUMANITARIAN PAROLEE GUIDANCE FOR ALL PROGRAMS
Due to section 401 of the Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2022 (Public Law 117-128), Ukrainian individuals issued an immigration status of Humanitarian Parolee between February 24, 2022 and September 30, 2023 are considered Qualified Immigrants.
Effective May 21, 2022 these individuals are not subject to the five-year waiting period for MO HealthNet (MHN), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance (TA) and Child Care (CC). If an individual was paroled and entered the United States between February 24, 2022 and May 21, 2022, their date of eligibility for MHN is February 24, 2022 and for SNAP, TA, and CC it is May 21, 2022. If they entered the United States after May 21, 2022, their date of eligibility is their date of humanitarian parole but they are eligible for prior quarter for MHN. Ukrainian parolees who previously applied and were denied benefits may reapply with eligibility determined from the date of reapplication or the corresponding prior quarter dates for MHN.
Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees are treated like refugees and should be coded in eligibility systems as refugees. The following documentation and codes indicate that an immigrant is a Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolee:
• A form I-94 noting Humanitarian Parolee;
• Foreign passport with Department of Homeland Security / U.S. Customs and Borders (DHS/CBP) admission stamp noting Uniting for Ukraine (U4U);
• Foreign passport with DHS/CBP with a stamp admitting them as a Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolee (UHP);
• Foreign passport with DHS/CBP admission stamp noting Parolee (DT);
• A Form I-765 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with code C11;
• A Form I-766 EAD with code C11; or
• A non-Ukrainian immigrant who last resided in the Ukraine, can be eligible if they provide one of the above documents AND documentation of their last habitual residence in Ukraine.
NOTE: Applications received for Humanitarian Parolees from the Ukraine must be sent to the FSD Refugee Unit at: FSDREFUGEE@ip.sp.mo.gov. Special entry is required to allow this population to be coded correctly. Do not process these applications.
• Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.