Excluded income is divided into four categories:
- excluded earned income (EI);
- excluded unearned income (UI);
- educational income (ED); or
- volunteer work (VW).
The income is entered into FAMIS on the Income (FMX0) and Income Amount (FMX3) screens. FAMIS knows by the income source code, and in combination with other fields for some of the income, whether the income is included or excluded income for the Food Stamp Program. Refer to the FAMIS Income Code Chart for more information. Record a comment as outlined in the FAMIS Comments Quick Reference Chart.
Verify irregular income. The remaining income exclusions do not ordinarily need to be verified unless FSD has inconsistent, unclear, or contradictory information regarding the income on the application, in the case, or with information received by FSD. Refer to specific policy regarding excluded income. The type (EI, UI, ED, or VW) and source codes are listed in parenthesis where applicable.
- income in kind,
- vendor payments,
- compensation in lieu of wages,
- irregular income,
- representative payee payments,
- earnings of children,
- disaster payments,
- Domestic Volunteer Service Act (DVSA) payments – not Americorps or VISTA,
- Work Study/educational income,
- non-recurring payments,
- relocation assistance,
- Indian or Alaskan Native payments,
- WIA income,
- recoupment payments,
- military payments, and
- other excluded income.