An annual interview is required for each application. Interviews are completed during business hours:
- By phone
- Face-to-face (in-person) at any FSD office
Note: For recertification applications, the interview may be waived for certain elderly or disabled households.
Interviews are key for gathering accurate, individualized information about each household in order to determine eligibility.
During the interactive interview, staff must discuss:
- Eligibility requirements (see 1120.005.05 SNAP Program Explanation)
- Management (see 1115.090.00 Management)
- Rights and Responsibilities (see 1120.005.10 Explanation of Rights and Responsibilities)
- Verification requirements (if needed) (see 1102.000.00 Verification)